There is an issue with the Android 64bit version. After installing and attempting to launch I reach a Google Play window saying: "To continue using, buy it on Google Play or subscribe to Google Play Pass". From there I either have to buy the game via the play store (for a lot less $...) or subscribe.
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Android
It's been a few years since the zombpocalypse turned the world's cities into graveyards and sent the few survivors into hiding. Now you must gather them up and restore civilization to a ruined city, one building at a time.
Rebuild 3 is a strategy sim with a good helping of narrative and dark humor. It'll make you fond of your survivors before you send them to their deaths for the greater good. As you expand your fort to new buildings, you'll decide between farms or fortifications, housing or hospitals, and make tough decisions to fend off raiders, illness, starvation, and madness. And the dead are still out there wandering the streets, hungrier than ever.
- 4X style strategy and city (re)building
- Endless replayability with randomized cities and events
- Survivors with individual skills, perks, relationships, and stories
- Rival NPC forts with their own agendas, friendly or otherwise
- Campaign Mode, a journey through cities of increasing size and difficulty
- Strategic fort defense and interactive attacks
- Play in either real-time or turn-based mode
- 5 skills: defense, leadership, scavenging, building, engineering
- 30 missions: scavenge for food, kill zombies, fish, trade, bartend, craft...
- 35 node research tree
- 50 building types with unique uses and/or scavengeable resources
- 200,000 words of event text - enough to fill two novels
Bonus features in the Deluxe Edition ($25 usd)
- Desktop version of Rebuild 1 (previously only available in Flash)
- Desktop version of Rebuild 2 (including "winter" mobile content)
- 5 bonus professions for your main leader
- 5 corresponding unique items
- PDF artbook
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Android|
|Release date||May 29, 2015|
|Genre||Survival, Simulation, Strategy|
|Made with||FlashDevelop, Adobe Illustrator|
|Tags||4X, City Builder, Management, Meaningful Choices, Narrative, Turn-based, Zombies|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Steam, Support, Wiki|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
For those with the same issue:
I restarted phone, issue remained. I uninstalled via the play store and then redownloaded from itch.io. on that second attempt I installed the non 64bit version (originally installed 64bit). Problem resolved. I am not really sure the cause and what exactly fixed it.
Gosh, I remember missing the Kickstarter for this. I bought this on Steam, I'm very satisfied and I highly recommend it to people. It's got a lot of depth and variety in play. The music is atmospheric and suits the mood of the game. The art makes sense for the time it was developed for and it still holds up. It's not a graphically intense game.
I recommend new players immediately stop time to survey their surroundings when starting a game. As you grow more experienced, you'll find a play style all your own!
I had no idea the people who made this (I played the flash game so much and have had this on my phone for years) made Fantastic Contraption VR. One day you should bring rebuild to PCVR, there are so many zombie games but none of them have the dimensions that Rebuild focuses on.
Hey again, first time a developer makes it on my list for Top Best Games twice, congratulations
I loved Rebuild 1& 2 ( 2 being my favourite) I still remember flaying it for hours on Kongregate
wish I could've downloaded it but it two many factors in the way ( THE PRICE IS NOT ONE OF THEM)
best of luck Northway